Reading this blog provokes that all too unfamiliar feeling...

The feeling you get on a cold misty morning when you're awake far earlier than you ever like to be, preparing to do something you've never liked to do. It goes by many names; seen as a sign of dedicated progression or a subtle slip of sanity. One thing is certain, the feeling doesn't stay with you long, yet it will not soon be forgotten.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ramblings on a Lost Art.

I am caught up in reflection today. For the past 22 years, my imagination has pushed and fought with the undefined and seemingly abstract limits placed on it by my social construct as well as the not so undefined and very real pressures placed on it by my skull. Watching a child today, somewhere in the range of infant to whatever comes right after infant, i could see the sheer awe in the babes eyes as it soaked in every detail of its surroundings. Such an art, the art letting yourself be carried away in emotion, to give no head to the boundaries put up by unseen and often not real forces, has all but evaporated from the vast majority of my peers as well as myself. I catch myself at times repressing my desire to just sit and stare at something that doesn't seem that out of the ordinary, yet when thought about, the considerable depth of creative power that would be required to bring to pass such a thing that is now labelled as 'ordinary' should very well be mind blowing.
I am setting a goal in my life to not let myself be restrained from appreciating even little things, especially in a social context, no matter how weirded out a person might be that i am so amazed as to their thought process or the particular word they chose to say. Ultimately no matter how ordinary sights, sounds, or smells may seem, another person is never ordinary, and the thought of this being so should immediately result in an ear flick or wrist slap (preferably with one of those wristbands that were popular back when i was in somewhere around 3rd grade, that when you slap them, they immediately curl up around your wrist). People are, crazy, weird, odd, strange, different... which makes them all have one thing in common. They are people, and people are fun.
So if you are talking to me and i am staring at you with a weird look on my face, its everything personal, i am simply in awe of gods creation. I will apologize in advance if necessary, but know this, the apology, no matter how eloquent it may seem, which probably isn't very, is also quite insincere. You're welcome.
-end.
ps- i never know when to make new paragraphs... curse you English language being so hard to do right. Ugh. Also, i hope the beginning of my ramblings and the end are related somehow.
Ps ps- are ps' cool to use in blog posts? anyone?

1 comment:

ahlin said...

this blog post. like. i know exactly what you are talking about.

p.s. yes. p.s.' are cool. always.